Description of job position
- Preparing, and overseeing activities related to food preparation.
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs.
- Recruiting and training permanent and casual staff.
- Planning staff shifts and rotes.
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed.
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided.
- Keeping financial and administrative records.
- Managing the payroll and monitoring spending levels.
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required.
- Interacting with customers if involved with front of house work.
- Liaising with suppliers and clients.
- Negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering).
For companies – be confident when making decisions about salaries
Set the salaries of your employees fairly. A detailed salary report will help you to do this. You will always have relevant salary data to hand.
Position Catering manager - Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business in the labour market
In the salary ranking,
the job position takes
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Seller / Cashier
2,200 - 4,643 CHF
Security Service Director
Security & Protection
3,997 - 12,145 CHF
Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
4,150 - 11,956 CHF
3,798 - 12,473 CHF
Chief Executive Officer
14,104 - 40,980 CHF
Is this salary range too huge?
You can find out the average salary by filling out a short questionnaireCompare your salary for free
Get detailed information on salaries in your country
Salary report for the company
* incl. VAT / 49.00 EUR excl. VATOrder the report
- Salary on position by region*, education, practice, business size
- Total salary and its components* (variable component, commissions, rewards)
- Responder distribution to payroll
- Salary ranges expressed by 1st decile, 1st quartile, median, 3rd quartile, 9th decile, and average wage.
- Detailed breakdown of all monitored non-financial benefits provided*
- Financial benefit analysis* * available when regression model is used