Description of job position
- Securing transport routes for trains and shunting by means of centrally, locally and manually placed points, derails, signals.
- Shunting railroad cars, coupling and uncoupling them and tending to the brakes of individual cars or car groups.
- Retaining humped and pushed-off cars, securing cars against movement.
- Tending to rail brakes.
- Monitoring signals and given signals, monitoring the movement of trains..
- Tending to notification and safety devices, checking them, tending to rail brakes. Keeping transportation records.
- Checking and operational maintenance of points in the assigned area.
For companies – be confident when making decisions about salaries
Set the salaries of your employees fairly. A detailed salary report will help you to do this. You will always have relevant salary data to hand.
The most common career path of an employee
The graphic shows how employees most often progress in their careers. Click on the name of the position to get to its detail with salary data.
Position Rail Transport Controller (shunter, signalist) - Transport, Haulage, Logistics in the labour market
In the salary ranking,
the job position takes
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Is this salary range too huge?
You can find out the average salary by filling out a short questionnaireCompare your salary for free
Get detailed information on salaries in your country
Salary report for the company
* incl. VAT / 99.00 EUR excl. VATOrder the report
- Salary on position by region*, education, practice, business size
- Total salary and its components* (variable component, commissions, rewards)
- Responder distribution to payroll
- Salary ranges expressed by 1st decile, 1st quartile, median, 3rd quartile, 9th decile, and average wage.
- Detailed breakdown of all monitored non-financial benefits provided*
- Financial benefit analysis* * available when regression model is used