The salary range of employees working in Malaysia is, by default, in the range of 1,718.00 MYR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 6,899.00 MYR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Malaysia into salary brackets in MYR.
Average salary and range in Malaysia by age in MYR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Malaysia (MYR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Managing Director Top Management
3. Country Manager/Director Top Management
4. IT Director Top Management
5. Leasing Director Leasing
6. Sales Director Top Management
7. Business Development Manager Management
8. Marketing Director Top Management
9. Dealer/Trader Banking
10. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
11. Lead developer Information Technology
12. Sales Manager Management
13. IT Architect Information Technology
14. Technical Manager Technology, Development
15. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
16. IT Manager Management
17. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
18. Judge Law & Legislation
19. Department Manager Banking
20. Technical Director Top Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR)
1. Seller / Cashier Commerce
2. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Pre-school/School/ Kindergarder nurse Medicine & Social Care
6. Porter, Information Staff General labour
7. Shop Assistant Commerce
8. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
9. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
10. Security Guard Security & Protection
11. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
12. Cashier Commerce
13. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
14. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
16. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
17. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
18. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
19. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
20. Cashier Banking
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.