The salary range of employees working in Malaysia is, by default, in the range of 1,715.00 MYR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 7,809.00 MYR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Malaysia into wage bands in MYR.
Average salary and range in Malaysia by age in MYR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Malaysia (MYR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Leasing Director Leasing
5. Managing Director Top Management
6. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
7. Lead developer Information Technology
8. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
9. Production Director Top Management
10. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
11. Judge Law & Legislation
12. Business Development Manager Management
13. IT Manager Management
14. Dealer/Trader Banking
15. IT Architect Information Technology
16. Regulatory Affairs Manager Pharmaceutical Industry
17. Sales Director Top Management
18. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
19. Marketing Director Top Management
20. IT Product Manager Information Technology
List of the highest paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Cashier Commerce
8. Security Guard Security & Protection
9. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
10. Shop Assistant Commerce
11. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
12. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
13. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
14. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
16. Cashier Banking
17. Au-pair General labour
18. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
19. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
20. Waiter - Room Service Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
List of recent respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.