The salary range of employees working in Malaysia is, by default, in the range of 2,074.00 MYR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 7,853.00 MYR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Malaysia into salary brackets in MYR.
Average salary and range in Malaysia by age in MYR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Malaysia (MYR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Managing Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Country Manager/Director Top Management
5. Leasing Director Leasing
6. Sales Director Top Management
7. Department Manager Banking
8. Technical Director Top Management
9. Sales Manager Management
10. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
11. IT Architect Information Technology
12. Marketing Director Top Management
13. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
14. IT Manager Management
15. Lead developer Information Technology
16. Business Development Manager Management
17. Finance Manager Management
18. IT Project Manager Information Technology
19. Publishing House Director Top Management
20. Production Director Top Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Social counselor Medicine & Social Care
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Porter, Information Staff General labour
6. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
7. Postal worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
8. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
9. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
10. Kinetotherapist Medicine & Social Care
11. Packer Production
12. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
13. General Labourer General labour
14. Shop Assistant Commerce
15. School Caretaker Education, Science & Research
16. Cashier Banking
17. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
18. Cashier Economy, Finance, Accountancy
19. Chambermaid Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
20. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.