The salary range of employees working in Malaysia is, by default, in the range of 1,814.00 MYR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 7,424.00 MYR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Malaysia into salary brackets in MYR.
Average salary and range in Malaysia by age in MYR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Malaysia (MYR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. Managing Director Top Management
4. IT Director Top Management
5. Business Development Manager Management
6. Leasing Director Leasing
7. Sales Director Top Management
8. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
9. Marketing Director Top Management
10. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
11. Technical Manager Technology, Development
12. Lead developer Information Technology
13. IT Manager Management
14. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Judge Law & Legislation
16. IT Architect Information Technology
17. Technical Director Top Management
18. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
19. IT Product Manager Information Technology
20. Department Manager Banking
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malaysia (MYR)
1. Seller / Cashier Commerce
2. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Pre-school/School/ Kindergarder nurse Medicine & Social Care
6. Shop Assistant Commerce
7. Porter, Information Staff General labour
8. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
9. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
10. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
11. Security Guard Security & Protection
12. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
13. Cashier Commerce
14. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
15. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
16. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
17. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
18. Waiter - Room Service Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
19. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
20. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.