The salary range of employees working in Sri Lanka is, by default, in the range from 24,767.00 LKR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 99,838.00 LKR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary, including bonuses. Salaries vary significantly in individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Sri Lanka into wage bands in LKR.
Average salary and range in Sri Lanka by age in LKR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Sri Lanka (LKR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Leasing Director Leasing
5. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
6. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
7. Lead developer Information Technology
8. IT Architect Information Technology
9. Managing Director Top Management
10. DevOps Engineer Information Technology
11. Judge Law & Legislation
12. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
13. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
14. Marketing Director Top Management
15. Sales Director Top Management
16. IT Manager Management
17. Technical Director Top Management
18. Finance Manager Management
19. IT Product Manager Information Technology
20. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
List of the highest paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Security Guard Security & Protection
8. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
9. Shop Assistant Commerce
10. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
11. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
12. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
13. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
14. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
15. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
16. Waiter - Room Service Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
17. Au-pair General labour
18. Cashier Commerce
19. Packer Production
20. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
List of recent respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.