The salary range of employees working in Sri Lanka is, by default, in the range from 23,860.00 LKR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 102,171.00 LKR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary, including bonuses. Salaries vary significantly in individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Sri Lanka into wage bands in LKR.
Average salary and range in Sri Lanka by age in LKR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Sri Lanka (LKR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Leasing Director Leasing
5. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
6. Managing Director Top Management
7. IT Architect Information Technology
8. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
9. Judge Law & Legislation
10. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
11. Marketing Director Top Management
12. Sales Director Top Management
13. Technical Director Top Management
14. IT Manager Management
15. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
16. Head of the Legal Department Management
17. Regulatory Affairs Manager Pharmaceutical Industry
18. Finance Manager Management
19. Logistics Director Top Management
20. Call Centre Director Top Management
List of the highest paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Porter, Information Staff General labour
4. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Security Guard Security & Protection
8. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
9. Shop Assistant Commerce
10. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
11. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
12. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
13. Cashier Commerce
14. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
15. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
16. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
17. Waiter - Room Service Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
18. Au-pair General labour
19. Packer Production
20. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
List of recent respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.