The salary range of employees working in Sri Lanka is, by default, in the range of 24,371.00 LKR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 106,256.00 LKR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Sri Lanka into salary brackets in LKR.
Average salary and range in Sri Lanka by age in LKR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Sri Lanka (LKR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Lead developer Information Technology
5. Leasing Director Leasing
6. Sales Director Top Management
7. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
8. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
9. Managing Director Top Management
10. IT Architect Information Technology
11. DevOps Engineer Information Technology
12. Head of the Legal Department Management
13. IT Manager Management
14. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Judge Law & Legislation
16. Technical Manager Technology, Development
17. Finance Manager Management
18. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
19. Marketing Director Top Management
20. Technical Director Top Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR)
1. Seller / Cashier Commerce
2. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Pre-school/School/ Kindergarder nurse Medicine & Social Care
6. Porter, Information Staff General labour
7. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
8. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
9. Security Guard Security & Protection
10. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
11. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
12. Shop Assistant Commerce
13. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
14. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Waiter - Room Service Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
16. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
17. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
18. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
19. Au-pair General labour
20. Packer Production
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.