The salary range of employees working in Sri Lanka is, by default, in the range of 27,645.00 LKR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 115,890.00 LKR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Sri Lanka into salary brackets in LKR.
Average salary and range in Sri Lanka by age in LKR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Sri Lanka (LKR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Leasing Director Leasing
5. Lead developer Information Technology
6. Sales Director Top Management
7. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
8. Managing Director Top Management
9. IT Architect Information Technology
10. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
11. DevOps Engineer Information Technology
12. IC Design Engineer Information Technology
13. Judge Law & Legislation
14. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Technical Manager Technology, Development
16. Head of the Legal Department Management
17. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
18. Marketing Director Top Management
19. IT Manager Management
20. Finance Manager Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR)
1. Seller / Cashier Commerce
2. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Pre-school/School/ Kindergarder nurse Medicine & Social Care
6. Porter, Information Staff General labour
7. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
8. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
9. Security Guard Security & Protection
10. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
11. Shop Assistant Commerce
12. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
13. Cashier Commerce
14. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
15. HR Assistant Human Resources
16. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
17. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
18. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
19. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
20. Cashier Banking
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.