The salary range of employees working in Sri Lanka is, by default, in the range of 26,957.00 LKR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 123,762.00 LKR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Sri Lanka into salary brackets in LKR.
Average salary and range in Sri Lanka by age in LKR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Sri Lanka (LKR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Software Engineer Information Technology
5. Leasing Director Leasing
6. Lead developer Information Technology
7. Sales Director Top Management
8. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
9. Managing Director Top Management
10. IT Project Manager Information Technology
11. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
12. IT Architect Information Technology
13. IC Design Engineer Information Technology
14. DevOps Engineer Information Technology
15. Judge Law & Legislation
16. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
17. Head of the Legal Department Management
18. Finance Manager Management
19. Marketing Director Top Management
20. IT Manager Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Sri Lanka (LKR)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
8. Security Guard Security & Protection
9. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
10. Shop Assistant Commerce
11. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
12. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
13. HR Assistant Human Resources
14. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
15. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
16. Au-pair General labour
17. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
18. Packer Production
19. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
20. Animal Care Worker Agriculture, Food Industry
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.