The salary range of employees working in New Zealand is, by default, in the range of 38,580 NZD (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 119,448 NZD (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total annual salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in New Zealand into salary brackets in NZD.
Average salary and range in New Zealand by age in NZD.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in New Zealand (NZD).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in New Zealand (NZD).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. Managing Director Top Management
4. IT Director Top Management
5. Leasing Director Leasing
6. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
7. Lead developer Information Technology
8. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
9. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
10. Judge Law & Legislation
11. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
12. IT Architect Information Technology
13. Marketing Director Top Management
14. Sales Director Top Management
15. IT Manager Management
16. Technical Director Top Management
17. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
18. Head of the Legal Department Management
19. Logistics Director Top Management
20. Finance Manager Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in New Zealand (NZD)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Cashier Commerce
8. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
9. Shop Assistant Commerce
10. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
11. Security Guard Security & Protection
12. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
13. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
14. Packer Production
15. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
16. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
17. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
18. Cashier Banking
19. Au-pair General labour
20. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.