The salary range of employees working in Iceland is, by default, in the range of 37,366.00 ISK (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 116,439.00 ISK (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Iceland into salary brackets in ISK.
Average salary and range in Iceland by age in ISK.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Iceland (ISK).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Iceland (ISK).
1. Administrative Worker Administration
2. Notary Associate Law & Legislation
3. Geologist Construction & Real Estate
4. Promotional Assistant Commerce
5. Associate Public Administration, Self-governance
6. Power Engineer Electrical & Power Engineering
7. Electrician Electrical & Power Engineering
8. Porter, Information Staff General labour
9. Process Engineer Electrical & Power Engineering
10. Youth worker Medicine & Social Care
11. Repairer Electrical & Power Engineering
12. Service Engineer Electrical & Power Engineering
13. Testing manager Management
14. Reinsurance Specialist Insurance
15. Insurance Payment Control Specialist Insurance
16. Registry Administration Officer Insurance
17. Actuary Insurance
18. Financial Advisor Banking
19. Branch Director Insurance
20. Insurance Underwriter Insurance
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Iceland (ISK)
1. Design associate Journalism, Printing Arts & Media
2. Naval Officer Transport, Haulage, Logistics
3. Risk Manager Leasing
4. Roaming Specialist Telecommunications
5. Guidance Counselor Education, Science & Research
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Marketing Manager Management
8. Car Glass Fitter Car Industry
9. Accounting Clerk Insurance
10. Technical Manager Technology, Development
11. Geographic Information Systems Engineer Technology, Development
12. Assistant Financial Controller Economy, Finance, Accountancy
13. Train Conductor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
14. Music and Art School Teacher Education, Science & Research
15. Pharmacist Pharmaceutical Industry
16. Agricultural Specialist Agriculture, Food Industry
17. Welder Mechanical Engineering
18. Radio Presenter Journalism, Printing Arts & Media
19. Reporter Journalism, Printing Arts & Media
20. Advertising Manager Journalism, Printing Arts & Media
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.