The salary range of employees working in Hong Kong is, by default, in the range of 8,811.00 HKD (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 32,796.00 HKD (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Hong Kong into wage bands in HKD.
Average salary and range in Hong Kong by age in HKD.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Hong Kong (HKD).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Hong Kong (HKD).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Leasing Director Leasing
3. Country Manager/Director Top Management
4. Managing Director Top Management
5. IT Director Top Management
6. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
7. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
8. Sales Director Top Management
9. Lead developer Information Technology
10. Regulatory Affairs Manager Pharmaceutical Industry
11. IT Architect Information Technology
12. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
13. Medical Advisor Pharmaceutical Industry
14. Judge Law & Legislation
15. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
16. IT Product Manager Information Technology
17. Marketing Director Top Management
18. IT Manager Management
19. Technical Director Top Management
20. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
List of the highest paid positions and their average monthly salary in Hong Kong (HKD)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Security Guard Security & Protection
8. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
9. Cashier Commerce
10. Shop Assistant Commerce
11. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
12. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
13. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
14. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
15. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
16. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
17. Cashier Banking
18. Au-pair General labour
19. Packer Production
20. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
List of recent respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.