The salary range of employees working in Hong Kong is, by default, in the range of 9,122.00 HKD (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 32,851.00 HKD (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Hong Kong into salary brackets in HKD.
Average salary and range in Hong Kong by age in HKD.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Hong Kong (HKD).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Hong Kong (HKD).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Leasing Director Leasing
3. Country Manager/Director Top Management
4. Managing Director Top Management
5. IT Director Top Management
6. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
7. Sales Director Top Management
8. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
9. Lead developer Information Technology
10. Regulatory Affairs Manager Pharmaceutical Industry
11. Technical Manager Technology, Development
12. IT Architect Information Technology
13. Medical Advisor Pharmaceutical Industry
14. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Judge Law & Legislation
16. IT Manager Management
17. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
18. IT Product Manager Information Technology
19. Technical Director Top Management
20. Marketing Director Top Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Hong Kong (HKD)
1. Seller / Cashier Commerce
2. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Pre-school/School/ Kindergarder nurse Medicine & Social Care
6. Porter, Information Staff General labour
7. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
8. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
9. Security Guard Security & Protection
10. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
11. Cashier Commerce
12. Shop Assistant Commerce
13. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
14. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
15. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
16. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
17. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
18. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
19. Cashier Banking
20. Au-pair General labour
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.