The salary range of employees working in India is, by default, in the range from 8,621.00 INR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 35,723.00 INR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary, including bonuses. Salaries vary significantly in individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in India into wage bands in INR.
Average salary and range in India by age in INR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in India (INR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in India (INR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Software Engineer Information Technology
3. Country Manager/Director Top Management
4. IT Director Top Management
5. Leasing Director Leasing
6. Managing Director Top Management
7. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
8. Lead developer Information Technology
9. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
10. Regional / Area Manager Management
11. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
12. Judge Law & Legislation
13. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
14. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. IT Architect Information Technology
16. Marketing Director Top Management
17. Sales Director Top Management
18. IT Manager Management
19. Technical Director Top Management
20. Business Development Manager Management
List of the highest paid positions and their average monthly salary in India (INR)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
3. Porter, Information Staff General labour
4. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
5. Security Guard Security & Protection
6. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
7. Shop Assistant Commerce
8. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
9. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
10. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
11. Cleaner General labour
12. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
13. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
14. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
15. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
16. Au-pair General labour
17. Packer Production
18. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
19. Funeral service worker Service Industries
20. Animal Care Worker Agriculture, Food Industry
List of recent respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.