The salary range of employees working in Papua New Guinea is, by default, in the range from 1,602.00 PGK (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 7,892.00 PGK (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary, including bonuses. Salaries vary significantly in individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Papua New Guinea into wage bands in PGK.
Average salary and range in Papua New Guinea by age in PGK.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Papua New Guinea (PGK).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Papua New Guinea (PGK).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. IT Director Top Management
3. Country Manager/Director Top Management
4. Leasing Director Leasing
5. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
6. Lead developer Information Technology
7. Sales Director Top Management
8. Call Centre Director Top Management
9. Judge Law & Legislation
10. Managing Director Top Management
11. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
12. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
13. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
14. IT Architect Information Technology
15. Marketing Director Top Management
16. Finance Manager Management
17. Technical Director Top Management
18. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
19. IT Manager Management
20. Head of the Legal Department Management
List of the highest paid positions and their average monthly salary in Papua New Guinea (PGK)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Shop Assistant Commerce
8. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
9. Cashier Commerce
10. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
11. Security Guard Security & Protection
12. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
13. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
14. Cashier Banking
15. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
16. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
17. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
18. Au-pair General labour
19. Packer Production
20. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
List of recent respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.