The salary range of employees working in Malawi is, by default, in the range of 146,848.00 MWK (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 523,087.00 MWK (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Malawi into salary brackets in MWK.
Average salary and range in Malawi by age in MWK.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Malawi (MWK).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malawi (MWK).
1. Country Manager/Director Top Management
2. Managing Director Top Management
3. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
4. IT Director Top Management
5. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
6. Leasing Director Leasing
7. Lead developer Information Technology
8. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
9. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
10. Judge Law & Legislation
11. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
12. Technical Manager Technology, Development
13. IT Architect Information Technology
14. Marketing Director Top Management
15. Sales Director Top Management
16. IT Manager Management
17. Technical Director Top Management
18. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
19. Head of the Legal Department Management
20. Logistics Director Top Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Malawi (MWK)
1. Seller / Cashier Commerce
2. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
3. Cleaner General labour
4. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Pre-school/School/ Kindergarder nurse Medicine & Social Care
6. Porter, Information Staff General labour
7. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
8. Security Guard Security & Protection
9. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
10. Cashier Commerce
11. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
12. Shop Assistant Commerce
13. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
14. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
15. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
16. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
17. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
18. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
19. Au-pair General labour
20. Packer Production
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.