The salary range of employees working in South Africa is, by default, in the range of 10,568.00 ZAR (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 45,734.00 ZAR (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in South Africa into salary brackets in ZAR.
Average salary and range in South Africa by age in ZAR.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in South Africa (ZAR).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in South Africa (ZAR).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Managing Director Top Management
3. IT Director Top Management
4. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
5. IT Architect Information Technology
6. Leasing Director Leasing
7. Country Manager/Director Top Management
8. Sales Director Top Management
9. IT Manager Management
10. Lead developer Information Technology
11. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
12. Head of the Legal Department Management
13. Marketing Director Top Management
14. Medical Advisor Pharmaceutical Industry
15. Senior Project Manager Management
16. Publishing House Director Top Management
17. Regulatory Affairs Manager Medicine & Social Care
18. IC Design Engineer Information Technology
19. Technical Director Top Management
20. Finance Manager Management
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in South Africa (ZAR)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Porter, Information Staff General labour
3. Social counselor Medicine & Social Care
4. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
5. Administrative Worker Administration
6. Cleaner General labour
7. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
8. Packer Production
9. Postal worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
10. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
11. General Labourer General labour
12. Receptionist Administration
13. School Caretaker Education, Science & Research
14. Cashier Economy, Finance, Accountancy
15. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
16. Kinetotherapist Medicine & Social Care
17. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
18. Cashier Banking
19. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
20. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.